By taking advantage of the latest development in valve spring wire chemistry and manufacturing techniques, KPMI® has developed ovate wire Beehive style springs that will live and perform at a high level in Husqvarna® and KTM® applications. By coupling these developments with strict KPMI® design protocols and employing multiple design simulation and FEA analysis software, we were we able to overcome the torsional stresses unique to ovate wire springs that previously limited their operating parameters. KPMI® Beehive Springs are progressively wound using Kobe Super-Clean chrome silicon based wire that is heat treated and shot peened. KPMI® uses its tightly toleranced, FEA designed hardened Titanium retainers in these applications to ensure correct assembly height and resist keeper pull through. The hardened steel basewashers included in these kits are designed to locate the spring and control lateral movement.
We choose to use the copper based C63000 nickel-aluminum bronze as a material to make our bronze valve guides because of its ideal characteristics for the application. The 5% nickel content provides superior resistance to wear, and the approximately 80 percent copper content delivers outstanding heat conductivity. KPMI® guide profiles are designed to have minimal effect on the airstream while maintaining critical cross sectional thickness in high temperature areas, which promotes high performance and endurance.
All KPMI® Black Diamond™ Stainless steel valves are impregnated by a special German process to a depth of .002", with a surface build up of .0002". This Black Diamond process improves wear properties, reduces friction, and provides resistance to corrosion and wear that is superior to chrome and nickel electrolysis plating. Each valve is designed using Finite Element Analysis software, and profiles are tested on our computerized flow bench. Black Diamond Valves are lightweight, strong, one piece forgings with profiles that provide excellent flow characteristics.
To learn more about other Kibblewhite® Husqvarna® and KTM® parts and accessories, go to
Cam Tower Bolts for Various Suzuki® Applications
• Manufactured from heat treated, high tensile steel
• Exceeds OEM specifications dimensionally and by grade
• Designed for repeated removal and installation…these bolts are tuff!
• Treated with Black Oxide, for corrosion resistance
• Can be purchased in kits and by application or bulk
• Material and workmanship for desired advantages
• One piece forged EV8-SS offers uninterrupted grain flow for head stability
• Tufftride® coated for a high durability, low friction impregnated surface finish
• “Super-Finished” stem allows for Formula 1 level coating consistency
• Dimensionally controlled production tolerances for outstanding consistency
• Every surface is either CNC machined or ground as top quality valves should be
• Swirl polished or CNC machined profiles are Flow Bench tested for optimization
• Street, Strip or Track. You are choosing extreme durability and performance
In order to provide complete coverage of the vintage Honda® DOHC line-up, we are proud to announce the CB750 / CBX Black Diamond™ Stainless Steel Intake and Exhaust Valves. These valves are an OEM upgrade that combine vintage style with the modern design attributes that define our standards here at KPMI®. Our Black Diamond™ Valves have been proven to outlast OEM and provide the performance you desire in your motorcycle.
High Performance Pushrods for Various BSA® and Triumph® Applications
• KPMI® Pushrods are designed with thin-wall Chrome Moly tube for increased stiffness over O.E.M.
• Male and female endpieces are made from hardened steel and offer increased wear resistance
• Blank Pushrod Kits come with one female endpiece pressed into the body and loose endpieces specified in the kit
• Custom length pushrods available upon request
Note: Blank Pushrod kits (sets of 2 and 4) can be machined to desired length and assembled by KPMI® for a flat fee of $120.00. Orders can be placed by using the Custom BSA® Pushrod Order Form found on our website at www.kpmi.us/forms.html.
To learn more about these Kibblewhite® High Performance Pushrods, or other valvetrain related components for the various models, go to
Bronze & Cast Iron Racing Tappet Block for Triumph® 500/ 600/ 750 1946-1983
• Precision ground OD and reamed bores allow for easy installation exceeding OEM tolerances
• Bores are sized with a piloted reamer and finished with a ball hone to achieve proper running clearance and surface
finish after the tappet block is installed
• Bronze tappet blocks are designed for high performance applications by taking advantage of excellent heat transfer
capabilities, high lubricity, and durability
• Cast iron tappet blocks are machined from a proprietary cast iron material with the same design features as our
bronze version, providing a more affordable alternative
• Machined to properly fit KPMI® Hayabusa valve guide designs
• Extra-long handles provide ergonomically grooved gripping area and the ability to work in tough to reach situations
Guide installation tool is designed to register on uniquely designed seal relief minimizing guide deformation on the seal end, ensuring proper height above the head without guess and check measuring as seen in Figure (1)
• Guide removal tool allows the user to drive any 5mm guide with a 10mm outer diameter through lengthy guide bores
thanks to its added length below the gripping area shown in Figure (2)
• Driver material is a high strength bronze purposefully selected for its shock absorption capabilities allowing for
comfortable use as well as compatibility with cast and bronze guides
To learn more about these Kibblewhite® Valve Guide Installation & Removal Tools, or other valvetrain related components, go to Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1999-2017 Section
Figure 1 Figure 2
Top End Service Kits - Stainless Conversion for Various Honda® and Yamaha® Applications
ALL KIT CONTENTS
• High Compression Racing Piston with Coated Skirt (with rings and pin)
• Top End Gasket Kit (Head Gasket, Base Gasket, Exhaust Gasket, Cam Chain Tensioner Gasket, Valve Stem Seals, Cylinder Head Drain Seal)
• Std. Black Diamond™ or White Diamond® Stainless Valves
• Lightweight Racing Spring Kit (Titanium Retainers, Dual Springs, H.T. Steel Basewashers)
• Designed specifically for the performance demands of popular racing MX Bikes and Quads.
• Pistons designed to maintain the stock compression after the effects of the dished stainless valves
• 2618 Alloy Fully CNC Machined Piston with performance skirt coating
• Black Diamond™ and White Diamond® Stainless Steel Conversion system significantly increases valve durability
• Lightweight Racing Spring Kit Compatible with high performance cams
• All of the gaskets, rings, pins and seals required for a top end rebuild
IMPORTANT NOTE: The piston, rings, valves and pin clips in this kit are designed to work together as a system. They are NOT COMPATIBLE with O.E.M. components and should ONLY be used with the components in this KPMI® Top End Service Kit.
• 1 piece forging with White Diamond® hard chrome stems for impervious wear resistance
• Inconel® 751 exhaust valves designed to outperform in the most extreme forced induction or racing applications
• Flow bench tested to optimize intake and exhaust profiles
• 100% Quality Controlled
The Turbo Valve Kit is specifically designed for Turbo applications using our 1-Pc forged “Super Alloy” Inconel® 751 exhaust valve that retains mechanical properties and corrosion resistance at elevated temperatures. The exhaust valve is paired with a 1-Pc White Diamond® Stainless Intake for superior performance and longevity. Together this valve kit provides the performance for boosted applications at a competitive selling price.
• Black Oxide Coated for Corrosion Resistance
• Rounded End Installed in Cylinder or Case
• Tapered End Installed in Head or Cam-Support Cover
• Designed as HD® M8 OEM Replacement
• Can Also Be Used as Multipurpose Dowel
• See Dimensions for Fitment
To learn more about other Kibblewhite® Harley- Davidson® M-8 parts and accessories, go to
Harley-Davidson® M-8 2017-2018
• KPMI® solid carbide reamers provide long life and repeatability
• Solid carbide, 6-flute design, share the chip load and ease the sizing operation
• Extra-long-pilots for stability and alignment
• Ideal for: Manganese Bronze or Cast Iron
• The KPMI® reamer diameters offered, provide recommended and optimum valve-guide-clearances
KPMI® Carbide valve guide reamers are manufactured from Solid Carbide and then heat treated and ground. All KPMI® reamers are ground to: +/- .0002”. KPMI® carbide reamers are straight-flute and have a 6-flute design. The pilot portion of KPMI® reamers are 1.0” to 1.5” long. Insert the pilot into a guide that you intend to size. Using a hand held drill, apply honing oil or ATF before and during reaming a guide. KPMI® reamers have been specifically designed for Manganese Bronze valve guides and Cast Iron. Do not attempt to use these reamers to size C630 Nickel Aluminum Bronze guides. Also, once a reamer is used on Cast Iron, it’s not advisable to then use it on a bronze guide.
To learn more about these Kibblewhite® Solid Carbide Reamers and other valvetrain related components,
go to Tools and Components Section.
Tech Bulletin- Superseded Kawasaki® and Suzuki® Valves
KPMI® has several Kawasaki® and Suzuki® valve designs whereas we have selected a proprietary material and heat treatment process that enhances the durability of the valve face to retard valve face recession. For several years now, this material and heat treatment process was coupled with the KPMI® Black Diamond™ surface treatment. During the heat treatment stage of manufacturing, the Black Diamond™ coating would come under attack and suffer oxidation and corrosion, leaving a new valve looking used. Although this combination of processes did achieve a superior stainless one piece valve that would prove to have a highly durable valve face, the valve heads had an unaesthetic appearance (see Figure 1 and 2). Recently, the KPMI® engineering department completed design reviews for all valves with these issues. The solution was to move away from the KPMI® Black Diamond™ treatment and introduce the well-recognized and proven KPMI® White Diamond® coating and then post process after heat treatment to leave the head of the valve in a beautiful polished stainless finish (see Figure 1 and 2). We hope you are as excited as we are to provide you with these enhanced valve designs that we will be introducing in a superseding fashion over the next few months.
To learn more about the first round of the updated superseded part numbers, go to
O.E.M. Replacement Tensilite® Titanium Valves for Husqvarna® & KTM® Various 450's 2013-2018
• Dimensionally identical to O.E.M. valves while offering many advantages
• One piece forged Titanium alloy offers uninterrupted grain flow
• Superior tensile strength and stability at and above operating temperatures
• Every surface either fully CNC machined or precision ground
• Super-finished stem allowing for Formula 1 level coating consistency
• 100% Chromium Nitride (CrN) PVD coated
• Material and workmanship that provide outstanding durability and performance
• Competitive pricing allowing for a value conscious rebuild
• S&S “ Oversized” Dowel for 4" to 4-3/8" Cylinders
• Black Oxide Coated for Corrosion Resistance
• Heat Treated Steel
• Cone Dowel for 1948-’05 Various HD® Applications
• See Description Below for Special Design Features
To learn more about other Kibblewhite® Various Harley- Davidson® parts and accessories, go to
Harley-Davidson® Panhead 1948-1965